Irvine’s Rancho San Joaquin: Median Price per Square Foot Housing Number Trend
Following are the housing numbers for Irvine’s Rancho San Joaquin neighborhood. The homes on the market in this area are all condos, which is also true for Irvine’s University Town Center and Irviine Business Complex, which is also known as the IBC or the airport area. (The Orange Tree neighborhood is mostly condos but does include a few detached homes.)
As shown by the Redfin graph that cover July 2007 to the present, the median sold price per square foot for homes in Rancho San Joaquin hit a low in April 2008. Since that time, the median price per square foot has had some ups and downs but has always stayed above the April 2008 low. As shown by the Redfin numbers listed below, the overall median sold price for Rancho San Joaquin homes since the beginning of 2009 has stayed constant ($420,000 to $425,000). Redfin stats also state that no Rancho San Joaquin homes sold in January 2009.
Trulia statistics show that the overall median sales price is down 1.2% from the previous quarter; down 29.3% from the previous year, and down 13.4% from five years ago. Trulia also states that the average price per square foot changed 0% from when compared to the same time last year. According to the Trulia stats, only 3 San Joaquin homes sold in the first quarter of 2009.
These various numbers—some going up, some going down, some going sideways—show a complex picture of what is happening in the San Joaquin housing market.
For more information on housing in this area, see the Rancho San Joaquin map.
April 4, 2009
- Median List price: $537K/$331 per SF
- Median Sold price: $424K/$339 per SF*
- Median days on market: 107*
- Number of homes on the market: 14
(0 detached/14 condos; 0 Bank and MSL foreclosures)
February 26, 2009
- Median List price: $537,000/$331 per SF
- Median Sold price: $420K/$277 per SF*
- Median days on market: 179*
- Number of homes on the market: 16
(0 detached/16 condos; Bank and MSL foreclosures)
January 31, 2009
- Median List price: $429,000/$330 per SF
- Median Sold price: $422K/$334 per SF*
- Median days on market: 137.5*
- Number of homes on the market: 9
December 30, 2008
- Median List price: $434,450/$348 per SF
- Median Sold price: $425K/$392 per SF*
- Median days on market: 116*
- Number of homes on the market: 8
*Based on homes sold or taken off the market in the previous 90 days
Sources: Redfin; Trulia
Tomorrow: A look at Irvine’s Orange Tree numbers
Tuesday: The Highs, the Lows and the In Between: A Closer Look at Housing in Irvine’s Rancho San Joaquin Village